Sunday, March 27, 2011

Update and onwards, keep moving forward.



Ok neither of the job's I was looking at panned out. It wasnt meant to be I guess. I am happy enough working at the tertiary training institue where I am at the moment and they are making noises about me getting permanent work here. I could cope with that. Less money but a lot less stress and so far the people are great to work with. One in particular I have worked with before, I have known her since we were at highschool and we have not only worked together in the past but flatted together and travelled together so it seems as we joked over coffee/tea at lunchtime that we seem to be going the full circle. We also live around the corner from eachother so now we also carpool to work... funny old world really.

I am enjoying getting up an hour later as I dont have the travel I did and with winter closing in the extra snoozetime encased in the warmth of my bed appeals to me greatly, although I keep telling myself to use at least half of it to go walking.


Dynamo Guy said the 'L' word to me over the weekend, a never before uttered word in our relationship but it didnt scare me and the context was so casual and it was slipped in so sneakily that it took me by surprise. It wasnt an 'I love you" declaration, it was uttered during the course of a conversation about clogged drains of all things...........ok the story goes like this....DG was showering and as is his nature to clean he decided to take the gully trap out of the shower base and clean it as the shower didnt seem to be draining very quickly. It was full of long brown hair...ugh, yuck and gross...mine! He asked me to come and identify the species of creature he found in the shower drain and when I asked if it was my hair and should I be worried his reply was yes if it were him and he found this amount of hair lying around unattached to his head he would have serious concerns. I moult when stressed. Anyway at my exclaimation I was probably going bald he came up and put his arms around me and said sweetly

"It's alright babe I will still love you when you are bald " blah

charming no?

My reply was "well thats good cause I am not going to stick around to mash your food and change your old man diaper for you otherwise"

While it would take a lot for him to declared the L thing outright I get the feeling he is trying to let me know he does without actually saying it directly.

I feel secure and looked after and L'd so he doesnt need to say it outright because his actions scream it to me and it's good this way because it's not something I say easily either.

I am inherently suspicious of guys who say it all the time and especially when they expect the standard "I do too" reply. Reeks of insecurity to me.


PS DG has got hisself a new toy, he's been eyeing one up since Christmas time and now he has purchased the above beastie. Mine is the old red one which looks so OLD and SLOW next to his super duper fast quick lightening machine lol.

5 comments:

  1. Aw, I teared up a little reading that. It's so sweet and I'm so happy for you. I'm glad you are finding some contentment in the current work situation too.

    I posted a reply to your comment on my blog, where I'm glad you got a good old giggle, but I didn't give the bike specs, so here goes:

    D got a (new old stock) 2009 Kawasaki KLX250sf. I don't have photos of ours yet, but it’s just like this one:
    http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/kawasaki/2009-kawasaki-klx250sf-review-87863.html

    I don't know what the Kiwis think, but over here in the States a 250cc is considered a bit of a kids bike. However, D is English and his last motorbike was only a 125, so he's happy. We'll bore it out and mod it up to keep him happy for a while. It will be a little sluggish with two of us on, but fortunately we're both pretty light so it will be good for a bit of running about and more than enough as his commuter.

    The main reason he got only a 250 is because if/when we move to NZ or back to Britain (fingers crossed later this year) he'll be able to ride right away without worrying about a moto-license.

    DG's Suzuki is HOT and, well, I've already confessed how I feel about biker boys. Yours is cool too, maybe not possessing the look of unbridled power, but they are very different types of bikes.

    How do you feel about being a passenger on a bike after decades of piloting your own? Will you go out on the back of his?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There :-),
    Yes Kiwis use 250's as learner bikes, that's the maximum a person on a provisional licence is allowed to ride so good thinking on your guys part getting something you can continue to use if you move. Mine is a classic Moto Guzzi,she is 30 years old and certainly looks it next to the Suzi huh? Mine is 500cc and Glen's is a 1000cc, personally I dont know why he wants something so big but he loves it. He had one almost identical before he left NZ in 2008 so is familiar with the bike hence the reason he got it.
    Neither Glen nor I carry pillions so I wont be on the back of his bike. If you ride yourself being a pillion isnt easy as you tend to want them to ride like you do.
    As to your confession.....I am the same way something about a guy in a helmet and leathers does it for me and I used to love being on the back of the ex's bike when we were coming home late at night from being out. Nothing like a blast up a near empty motorway at about 1am tucked in snugly behind your man to get the blood pumping lol.
    Happy riding I will be thinking of you when I take mine out for a wee jaunt around the coast next.
    Not sure if you do but I have a FB page you are welcome to add me to if you like. Joanne Whittingham is the name :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niiiice - the Moto Guzzi is a treasured classic. You love her for what she is, not what she isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was shocked at how many Joanne Whittinghams there are on FB! To avoid connecting with the wrong one, do you mind looking me up? Krys Keene - I'm the only one. Though at the moment I'm tough to recognize since my profile pic is when I'm all bundled up and looking like a bank robber to stay warm while snowboarding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, I like this L story! So nice! He really seems like a gem, and I'm so happy for both of you.

    I'm sorry about the other two jobs, but the new employment moved forward very quickly, and that's a huge accomplishment! Also, you needed less stress in your life, so this could be a very good thing.

    ReplyDelete