Monday, March 28, 2011

Kankles are encased.


Anyone who knows me knows I envy those who can wear boots above the ankles. I cant or rather have never found any I could get done up past my solid hefty ankles, even when slimmer my calves created a problem and so have never owned a pair of lovely up to the knee boots and have hated people who have gorgeous boots and strut about looking so trendy, hate you I say or rather hated that you can and I cant not hated you directly because I am sure you are all lovely people even if you do have enviable legs.

Last friday night I stopped at the mall on the way home, not something I do often as I hate shopping and crowds of people but I had the urge to look around and they had a sale on manchester and I needed some new sheets.

Anyway after buying my sheets I ventured further into the mall feeling brave and decided to go and have a look in a shop called City Chic, its for bigger girls and the stock mainly young peoples clothes but I occasionally buy a pair of work trousers or a top there that isnt too young.

I was trying on a pair of jeans and lamenting to the girl that they would look good tucked into a pair of knee length boots but alas I could never find any to find my huge legs. On which she smiled and said hey guess what?? we have just stocked 2 different styles of boot for larger legs......omg omg omg I nearly wet myself as I thought I might maybe be able to get into a pair. Anyway the sales assistant brought me both styles to try on and they FIT !!! I could zip them all the way up the side of my leg. They fit me!

Then I asked how much they were :-( ouch!!!!!

Very spendy, more spendy than I have ever spent on a single item other than furniture :-(

I tried on both styles several times, and tried them on with dresses and skirts and jeans and fell totally in love with a pair and tried so hard to not spend....but then I thought to myself.

I havent spent any of my redundancy money cause I need to save it, I have not wasted a single red cent. I have wanted and tried on so many pairs of boots over the years only to be so dissapointed when they didnt fit and although I could have paid a lot and got a pair made I have always thought no its too extravagant.

The more I tried them on the more excited I got and thought about how much wear I could get out of a pair of these boots. It's like I had the little red guy sitting on one shoulder and the little guy in white on the other, I was literally mentally arguing with myself over spending this amount of money on a pair of boots. I was all "you havent got a real job dont be so bloody stupid what are you 16??" and then I was " they are real leather not cheap imitation crap and they will last for years so spread the cost out over several years and it doesnt seem so extravagant and you will wear them lots and lots so they will be worth every penny"

The red guy won.

Then to ratify that it was a good choice I walked out of the shop and went into the supermarket to get some things and a guy walked past me and said " hey nice boots, they look great!" Now was that not telling me I had made the right choice?

2 comments:

  1. Totally the right decision. When there is something that you've wanted for ages and you find a perfect example that you will love and look after, it's just meant to be. You would have regretted passing those up. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you absolutely made the right choice! Everyone needs a good pair of boots, and you've been looking forever. I agree with KB - you'd totally have regretted passing them up.

    ReplyDelete