Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

It's not something we celebrated down here naturally but with my blogging friends, yes this is what I consider you, my friends whom I just havent met yet :-), celebrating thanks giving and blogging their thanks, and with having just spent a weekend doing not a heck of a lot but doing it with all the right people I thought I might add my thanks into the mix.
I am thankful for my family, Mum and Dad I didnt have for a long time but I had them for a great time. I am grateful that I had such a wonderful Mum and Dad.
My sisters, athough we dont keep contact and very rarely speak to each other, I am thankful they and their families are well and safe.
My friends, these are the stars in my life sky. My friends make me who I am, and each and every one of them is treasured beyond belief.
My son, my darling son, my world and the absolute centre of my universe even when he is driving me to drink. I am so grateful the powers that be gave me this child out of all I could have had.
And I am thankful for the man who has recently come into my life. He brings to it so many good things.

I have just had the most wonderful weekend and this has made me reflect on being thankful and maybe sometimes I need to stop and think about giving thanks.

It started Thursday night, I met a girlfriend after work we went to the mall, we dont do this often, maybe once a year, and we browsed the shops. She has recently met a man too so we discussed what we could get our guys for Christmas being as the relationships are new, we went into more menswear stores than womens clothing stores. That has to be a first ever lol. We just hung out together for a few hours, it was great, revitalising, refreshing. I love her to bits.

Then friday night my man came over with his overnight bag to stay the weekend. We watched movies and took his boy shopping and did some stuff for his mum and then cooked dinner and took the furkids (dogs) for a very long walk in the evening (holding hands :-D ) today while I valet my car he helped my boy put up some wall lining in the garage.
I really just had one of those weekends where nothing extraordinarily spectacular happened or was achieved but that everything felt right for me.
Contentment reigned supreme in my world this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. What a great list of people to be thankful for. I'm glad you had such a lovely weekend. Happy not-Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete