Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Back Down to Earth...THUMP! and in flys Dynamo Guy to the rescue.

But not in a bad way just the buzz of the party is now a memory but a great one non the less.

Dynamo Guy as I will call the New Guy in my life came to my party, well he turned up many many hours early to lend a hand to decorate and assist with preparations. Now can I say this guy is a human Dynamo, he is organised and efficient and well,... organised and I am not, so it was great having this person there. Everything got done and done well. He laid out the clues for the kids treasure hunt although I confused his ass at one point so he had to start again and may I say he was very patient with me about it.
Then when people started arriving he lit the BBQ and BBQ'd up a storm during the evening and I could see all these people standing there whispering "who is this guy? where has he come from and what hasnt She told us" Anyway Dynamo Guy was wonderfully brave facing all my friends enmass and kept me sane throughout the night and made good impressions on the Aunty who is matriarch of the family. Then to make matters worse he helped clean up and pack up the next day...ok too good to be true, I am waiting for some criminal past / really bad trait to manifest. How can anyone be so damn nice and helpful and complimentary and respectful and sweet and lovely, something has got to be wrong here or maybe I am just so jaded I look for the bad when things are going so well. He loves fishing , he rides motorbikes, he has a good job and loves his family and has friends he has known for 30 + years. He seems stable and good natured and lots of other good things, he told me he loves spending time with me and I inspire him with all my study and abilities to use powertools, he says he has never met a girl like me, one who is so capable (most guys find my ability to use a skill saw threatening) ........... and he treats me like a princess.
I need to stop the paranoia and looking for the bad stuff because its not healthy for me to be all ....HUH!! I told you so! I told you I would find something bad and then I will blow it out of proportion and it will turn into this insidious monster riding my mind.
Time to just go with the flow and stop looking for monsters I think.

3 comments:

  1. He sounds wonderful! Absolutely wonderful! I wouldn't trust it at all either. This is precisely how I approached things with Nick, after so many disappointments. He called me the next day, and the next, and initially I was all, "What's wrong with him? Why is he calling so much?" When really, before a string of idiots, I used to know that it was normal behavior to be nice to the person you're interested in and call them and treat them well.

    All this to say...I totally get where you are coming from and my fingers are so crossed for you, because he sounds lovely and you deserve someone who treats you like a princess and appreciates all the amazing things about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds lovely... PLEASE stop looking for the monsters, and enjoy the ride. Seriously, I'm so pleased you've met someone sweet and awesome.

    You know how to use power tools?! I'm so envious. I'm not even kidding, not two weeks ago I announced to my husband that he needed to teach me how to use his so I don't have to ask him to help me with projects. I'm a little (okay - a LOT) uncoordinated though, so I'm worried I might do something stupid to a part that won't grow back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KB be brave I am the most unco person I know and I havent cut anything off yet. :-) It might take me twice as long as it would a bloke to do the job but I do it anyway. Power tools are so empowering lol.

    ReplyDelete