Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The fish, oh the fish and Labour Weekend Holidays



Oh my, we just had the first real summer weekend, long weekend of blazing hot sun that was just gorgeous and hot and wonderful and sunburny.

I managed to get my boat out on the water for the first time this season.......twice. Ben and I went fishing on Saturday and then I took a friend and his son with Ben and I on Monday morning for a wee jaunt. There were no fish biting on Monday but instead we had a pod of about 30 dolphins swimming around the boats and playing in the water behind us. What a fantastic sight they were leaping around in the wake of the boats and having fun. Next time I will remember the camera.

Saturday Ben and I got up at 6.30 am and took the boat out into a beautiful molten glass like sea, a stunning morning and we caught a few lovely Schnapper for dinner that night and some for another night.

It was great to get out on the water again. I understand the call of the sea although I have no desire to spend days/weeks/months on a boat. I am happy enough whizzing around with the teenagers in tow behind the boat or just out to my fav fising spot for a few hours or exploring the islands and coastline.

Summer has arrived :-D

1 comment:

  1. Oh, happiness! Finally your summer has properly arrived! This sounds glorious. Yes, please, a camera next time. I would love to be in a boat with dolphins all around. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete