Monday, August 2, 2010

To be or not to be.........employed

Ok things are pretty damn screwed up at the moment. We are currently undergoing job reviews at work and the review was supposed to be finished by July 23 then was pushed back to July 30 and then again.......I kid you not....to August 5 it means this entire last two months I have been keeping a smile on the dial and trying to stay upbeat and get on with life when the entire time I have this gigantic rat knawing at my gut and tying my innards into knots that means I am not sleeping and eating far too much crap being an emotional eater that I am.
The fact that I could possibly not have a job in a months time and I have a whopping mortgage to pay and a teenager to raise causes me huge amounts of heartburn lately.
I am angry at this whole proccess, it is bad enough to be going through it but to have these dates pushed out not once, but twice, to me is totally unaceptable and unprofessional. These are people they are playing with. 10 of us to be exact, who have families and mortgages and babies etc and they keep us dangling like sausages in a butchers window. We are by no means a large company and the administration staff number 10 including myself as exec to CEO and the Office Manager so this is having a very noticable effect on the Admin staff, moral is so low and all of us are anxiously chewing our bottom lip. I guess the wait is almost over and the pain in my gut is unbearable right now and not just for me but for all of my collegues going through this horrible thing. I hate waiting for results etc especially ones that are potentially badly life changing. My head hurts constantly and worry and anxiety cloud my thinking and my ability to be sociable with others, the rat in my gut knaws and knaws every hour of every day while I try to find something to distract me even for a little while but it sits in the back of my mind like an insidious little maggot.

3 comments:

  1. How awful - and really unprofessional, as you say. Fingers crossed it all turns out well and your future self will look back at your current self and wonder why you were so worried.

    But nearly impossible to view it that way whilst in the middle of the wait.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry. That is terrible - you're all living in limbo. Of course you're stressed out all the time. I'm amazed that you do such a wonderful job being cheerful and acting like all is well on your blog. I'd have been fretting out loud like nobody's business. Big hugs to you. My fingers are totally crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keenie Beanie- thanks it sucks but the wait is nearly over I hope!!

    LG- Yeah a master of disguise me lol. I try to keep my mind on other lighter things to try and alleviate the stress levels. All the while it's ticking away like a bomb in the background. No bad how things get I will always find something to laugh about is my philosophy. And please yes keep those fingers crossed for me :-)

    ReplyDelete