Sunday, August 8, 2010

Bikes, Pods and HCM Guy

Combination update on the menu today.
Day 4 at the gym today and I felt like a cop out so I added another 5 mins to my treadmill and my bike and did 50 stomach crunches and 2 sets of 12 leg raises, you know that killer where you lie on your back on the floor and raise your legs and lower them so they are just about touching the floor but arent and then raise them again. By the time I had done 2 sets of those my secret agent under cover abs were screaming at me. I felt good and tired after the workout though which makes me feel like I have actually done something constructive. I hate walking out of the gym all springy and bouncy like I havent worked hard enough.

Second item on the agenda is my podmate has been relocated. Here at work we are in an open plan office with pods of 4 staff in some cases more, well because I sit outside the CEO's door guarding him I dont actually have a pod as such but in the pod next to me were the Business Services team including the lovely Bernadette who is the one person here who shares my sense of humour most of the time though sometimes I still manage to shock her lol. Well they have reloacted to the other side of the building so now she is no longer in hollering distance or handy to call in on the way to getting a cuppa. That sux because if I wander over the other side to chat I kinda feel like I am loitering with intent, which of course I am but I dare not loiter too long in case people stare.

Third item is date number 5 with HCM guy (Hot Chocolate Movie Guy). He cooked me dinner and we watched the rugby game on TV. Dinner was lovely, spag bol every mans easy dish but still very nice and a couple of bottles of good red wine. Some very interesting conversation about internet dating and how its not him as he finds it all quite false and this is why he has pulled his profile off the site. He said although he had met several ladies they all turned out quite different from the profiles they had online. On hearing this I looked him straight in the eye and said
"And me?" Because of course I am not afraid to ask these things.
To which I got told I was in another league althogether and I was everything I represented myself to be and more, in a good way. Which was nice to hear.
Like me he doesnt understand why people make themselves out to be something they are not and to what end they hope lying makes themselves more attractive. They will always be found out, always. Anyway all in all it was a lovely night.
So 5 dates and some very open and honest conversations and a lot of laughter. I am liking this guy. He is cute and funny and makes me laugh and is a good kisser. But like making cheese, good things take time so I am in no rush.

2 comments:

  1. Gym: good for you!

    Office: It is always a bummer when people you really like in the office move to another location. It's so much time every day - so nice to have someone you really click with to chat with regularly.

    As for HCM: Great! All sounds like it's still going really well! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work on the gym! Your description of that lovely rubbery tired feeling after a good workout is almost enough to get me going back again!

    HCM - all the way up to date 5 and still enjoying the company? Yay! Recently heard that 1 in 5 relationships starts online. Astounding, but I guess not surprising in this day and interconnected age.

    ReplyDelete