Monday, May 2, 2011

The Bright Side.

On the upside of life of which I seem to be right now, about bloody time too I feel, things are moving in a good direction. The carpet went down a couple of weeks ago but I was wallowing too much to enjoy it overly much at the time whereas now I enjoy walking on that ever so spongy soft warm stuff every night when I get home. The dogs love it so much they dont sleep in their beds they drag their blankets out onto the floor and sleep there.

The weather has turned disgusting, its wet and cold and although people told me that new carpet would make a difference to the warmth of my house I didnt think it would be so marked. Loving it!

The teenager who lives in my house is being sort of reasonable right now which is always pleasant.

Seriously anyone who has kids or teens should get the Nigel Latta books about raising kids and teens, amazingly insightful in the most hilariously funny way. I now understand my teen is just like mad uncle jack and that he's really literally not right in the head and that he has a half formed walnut type of brain. Even if you dont have kids get them and read them if only to make yourself laugh.

Osama Bin Laden is dead. You took my David so you deserved to die but I will not acknowledge your life by celebrating your death you were the worst of pond scum.

I have been offered a job as assistant to the Academic Director at the Institute where I am working, more money , more stability job wise, all good.

Still blissfully happy with the Dynamo Guy who is still being the best boyfriend ever. Whats that? Nearly 8 months already. Shesh time flies.

It seems the swing is coming around to the positive side of life again thankfully.

Without Dark there is no Light.

Life's ups and downs

Hopefully I will do a better job of staying on this side for a while yet.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Bright Side. No small accomplishment to arrive There as winter sets in. Even bigger accomplishment to stay there. May you have many cuddles with Dynamo guy on the fluffy soft carpet - that should help if you are wavering.

    Congrats on the new job - that's great news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol thanks KB, I cracked up at the cuddles on the carpet bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm really late to this but I'm so happy the bright side is shining for you despite the weather. The boyfriend sounds wonderful, really wonderful. And I'm glad the job situation has gotten more lucrative and more stable. As for the teenager...:)

    ReplyDelete