Sunday, February 6, 2011

Stress, Health and mental stability

All these things are, in varying degrees, sitting at very precarious levels of should not be happening in me right now.

I am stressed, I stress over everything which is not normally like me. The teenager who lives in my house seems to have become a lazy, slobbish, swearing troll to me lately and this cause me some tense moments and then the valve releases and he gets blasted by the furnace that is my wrath. People keep saying he's a normal teenager that they all are like this but I'm sorry its not normal to sleep till 4pm and not do as you are asked and not do your chores, its wasnt normal to do this when I was a teen so how has it become normal now? Is it because we let them do these things and get away with this behaviour that it is now called normal? It's abnormal in my eyes and I will continue on the path of harping and nagging and getting 'angus' (angry) at him to get things done. Some say just let it go and dont worry about the small stuff, but if we stopped worrying about the small stuff then what? We would have a generation who just dont give a damn about keeping their surroundings tidy and clean and feeding their pets and being contributing members of the household and helping others out. They would be self centred, slobby, selfish wankers, is this what we want the next gen to be like? A bit melodramatic maybe? I dont know.
I stress about work constantly and the new CEO does not instill any confidence in me about my job remaining safe. I have a gut feeling he is going to go through the place slashing and many may fall victim to the corporate knife. I have applied for a couple of positions before he came on board but was knocked back for various reasons, change of job spec, over qualified, etc. It would seem I am in no mans land on the career front too.
I stress about my health, with a collegue being diagnosed with cancer in september and passing away in December last year who sat in my pod and was my age....it scares me. My dad was 46 when he died and my mum 54, I dont want to get sick and die young I want to live to see my grandkids and do stuff with the boyfriend and live to be an old lady. So what is the constant fear of dying young like my parents, its doom and gloom and I cant seem to shake it. I hate it.
Why am I tired an hour after I wake up in the morning? Why is everything an effort for me? Why am I getting insecure about the boyfriend when he just is so good to me? Why do I feel like I want to just sleep for a month? I want to wake up and feel bouncy again? I liked feeling bouncy and happy. I hate feeling lethargic and fat and sleepy and neurotic and stressed.

With all this toxic custard curning around inside me I have done something I have never done before. I am going to see a cousellor after work today to see if I cant sort this shit out in my head and start dealing with it. I need to do something I cant have another year like last year it would send me insane I think.

So now I am officially in therapy. No one other than those who read this post know this.

Post Script: The boyfriend is still lovely. He let me run away to his house in the weekend and he ran me a huge bubble bath and gave me wine and chocolate biscuits to eat and a book to read while I soaked myself in his huge spa bath and luxuriated on saturday night. He let me nana nap on his couch sunday afternoon while he watched the motorsport with the volume down. I'm a lucky girl having him around.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Go-Betty, I'm very happy you're seeing a counselor. Those are such stressful things you're dealing with. Your home life is chaotic - teenagers suck - and your work life is precarious through no fault of your own. those are enormously stressful. And you're in a relatively new relationship. It's progressed quickly, but it's still newish. There's a lot going on. It's so good you have a professional to talk to and help you sort things out.

    Big huge hugs to you! You're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go-Betty - you know they say "Laugh and the world laughs with you; cry and you cry alone." I'm finding that to be untrue in the blogging world. I'm really sorry to hear that you've got so much going on that is stressing you. I'm proud of you that you are seeking some assistance. I have done so at two other points in my life, and found it difficult but enlightening.

    My fingers are crossed that the job situation works itself out and I'm so pleased that DG is looking after you so well... and that you are counting your blessings there.

    Also, thanks very much for your thoughtful words on my recent post. Seriously - I'm just so thankful for your kind advice and perspective.

    ReplyDelete