Sunday, February 20, 2011

Best way in the world to lose weight,


Is to lose your job!


When you get told by the HR manager to get your CV out there and then she reminds you that the company refused to put a redundancy clause in your employment contract, you pretty much know the writing is on the wall and so then you just sit and stew and wait for it to happen.


Thank god for riding around the coast on my bike, and groove in the grapes concerts (concerts in Vineyards) and dynamo guy who is determined to not let you sink into a pit of despair.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry about this. Happy for the weight loss, the fun concerts, and the amazing guy. But very sorry about your job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no, that is terrible news about your job! I'm so sorry. Here's hoping the warning from HR leads you to a new position quickly and you can tell them to take their job a shove it - on your terms, not theirs.

    At least there is pleasure to be wrung from life doing things you enjoy and hanging out with dynamo guy (who sounds wonderful). It's important to remember that when things on the job front are looking bleak. Life is a wheel, sometimes one aspect is on the rise while another feels like it's sinking. My fingers are crossed that you will land on your feet and look back on the transition with relief that everything turns out the way it should. Big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, Friday was not a good day for me, I sunk really low. When you are faced with the possibility of losing everything you work so hard for it scares you. I never felt so alone in my life, not having any family to lean on if I needed to. On Friday evening I was gently reminded however that I was no longer alone and that someone had my back and will keep me going both emotionally and financially should it be needed. That made me cry all over again for a whole nother set of reasons. Although I am still stressed I feel like I can deal with it now so am in a better place at the moment.

    ReplyDelete