Thursday, June 23, 2011

Random bits of nothing much.





I have been swimming, yes it is winter over here but I joined a sports complex that has an indoor pool, gym, sauna, indoor tennis and squash courts. I love the water you see and find it incredibly therapeutic and relaxing, and its exercise I enjoy so I keep going back for more. I am currently swimming just under 1km a night.
One good thing is Benny joined with me and comes down in the evenings and swims with me and uses the gym as well. It's kinda nice my nearly 18yr old actually likes to hang out with me in the pool and talk about his day and whats going on in Ben's world. One special thing he shared that made me quietly proud of him was that he and his best mate Cam are going to help out at an after school programme for special needs kids on a friday afternoon.
Good on them I say, the kids will enjoy the older boys and its not many 17 year olds would give up friday afternoon to do something like this. Once more through these tumultous, terrifying teenager monstor years I am reminded that inside that little monster beats a good heart.

The pic is of my window in my office at work. My plants make a cheerful mid winter display I thought. My visitors seat is right beside a large window that the sunlight streams through when its out and I have been told its nice to sit there in the sun for a few minutes and listen to my radio. I would charge but what price a little peace and happiness in a rough day? It's nice they enjoy the ambience of my office lol. I am enjoying myself in my job its so nice to enjoy getting up and coming to work for a change.

The tree pic is the Ginko Tree outside my office window, all turned golden yellow and glowing. I took this pic two weeks ago so now the tree is a forlorn looking naked branchy thing now. Not nearly as appealing.

Dynamo Guy and I are going to Australia for a week in August for a bit of a break which will be very nice and I am looking forward to it and not being tempted by any of the sales over here so I have some spending money to take with me. I am hoping to catch up with some old friends from my childhood while over there so am really looking forward to that too.

And lastly I am going to start blogging some of my fav recipes as I harvest from my large vege garden over winter. They arent flash gourmet meals but more working mum quick, easy, tasy recipes with a few pickling and bottling and jamming recipes thrown in when I need to use the excess. So watch out for my first recipe .....a yummy moist chocolate zucchinni brownie....dangerously yummo!

3 comments:

  1. Yes PLEASE post a recipe for chocolate zucchini brownnie! That sounds like a yummy way to get more veg. Seriously.

    Also, I love Ben. I know he's been a horrible teenager for a while, but he's well-raised and truly a good person.

    Knowing you have a holiday ahead definitely helps avoid temptation to spend. Yay, a trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers on the windowsill are such a nice touch. I bet even when the sun isn't streaming in, they bring a bit of cheer to the office.

    The trip to Australia sounds Fab - especially in the middle of winter.

    I'm very much looking forward to your brownie recipe. The husband insists on growing those - he calls them courgettes - and the little devil plants are so prolific I NEED something different to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I call them courgettes too KB and the brownie is excellent for the ones that get too big and you dont know what to do with them. I also read you can grate them up and freeze the pulp and use it as a base for winter soups. I also have a really yummy courgette lasagne type dish I will dig the recipe out for you.

    ReplyDelete